Guilow's kit numbers

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Guilow's kit numbers

Postby balsa-engineer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Has anyone compiled a list of all of the kits with kit number, wingspan, series, etc.? It sure would be handy.

- Erik
balsa-engineer

Postby SteveM » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:40 pm

If you mean current production kits then the information is freely available on Guillow's website, just not all in one location.

If you include discontinued kits then it gets more complex and a little messy as some numbers were changed or recycled. For example, the Mosquito was kit 804 but now the DC-3 is 804. And the WW-# kits were renumbered to 100 series before being phased out.

Do you mind telling us why you need such a list? Just for convenience in comparing to other models?
SteveM

Postby Arlo DiPasquale » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:58 pm

When you order from guillows they send you a sheet with all the current production kits listed on it.
Arlo DiPasquale

Postby balsa-engineer » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Since many Guillow's kits are out of production, it would be nice to know what an eBay offering is, for example. I see the duplicate number problem with my old Mosquito kit.

By the way, who is "us" that wants to know why I asked a Guillow's question on a Guillow's forum?

SteveM wrote:If you mean current production kits then the information is freely available on Guillow's website, just not all in one location.

If you include discontinued kits then it gets more complex and a little messy as some numbers were changed or recycled. For example, the Mosquito was kit 804 but now the DC-3 is 804. And the WW-# kits were renumbered to 100 series before being phased out.

Do you mind telling us why you need such a list? Just for convenience in comparing to other models?
balsa-engineer

Postby SteveM » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:19 pm

"Us" refers to people who read this forum and the messages and questions that are posted here. It is fairly commonly used to indicate the entire readership rather than just the individual posting the reply.

I'm not up on my Guillow's history, much of what I know about the kits is also from what I see on eBay or the little catalogs that come in the kits.
SteveM

Postby supercruiser » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:14 pm

I think there is list of all Guillow kits, from the early 1960's and later, on either the yahoo group for Comet model airplanes or the Guillow's G Challenge group. I'm not a member of either of these. There is also a guillows model builders group, which I am a member and I checked the files section and could not find a complete list of kits.
supercruiser

Postby balsa-engineer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Ok, I see. Still, I think "we" should create a listing of all the Guillow's kits that anyone can think of. The Comet group has a Comet models listing, but it is full of holes and flat wrong in places. It doesn't even mention the big Hellcat! I never thought of such a list until I saw some Guillow's for sale on eBay recently, and I had no idea what they were.

- Erik

SteveM wrote:"Us" refers to people who read this forum and the messages and questions that are posted here. It is fairly commonly used to indicate the entire readership rather than just the individual posting the reply.

I'm not up on my Guillow's history, much of what I know about the kits is also from what I see on eBay or the little catalogs that come in the kits.
balsa-engineer

Postby supercruiser » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:31 pm

WW-1 Albatros DVa
WW-2 Nieuport 28 *
WW-3 Spad 7 *
WW-4 Fokker D-7 *
WW-5 SE5 *
WW-6 Sopwith Camel *
WW-7 Bristol Bullet
WW-8 Nieuport 27
WW-9 Fokker D-8 *
WW-10 Sopwith Snipe
WW-11 Pfalz D-3
WW-12 Halberstadt CL-2

201- Thomas Morse Scout
202- SE5a
203- Nieuport 11
204- Fokker Dr.1
205- De Havilland DH-4
206- Rumpler CV

Here is the start of the list. by the way, I copied this list from a post by Dave from dpc models on the SFA forum. Hope that's o.k. with you Dave.
supercruiser

Postby Smokin' Beaver » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:56 am

Have a look here for info on a list which grows as the info flows.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... ost9275360

Phil
Smokin' Beaver

Re: Guilow's kit numbers

Postby David Lewis » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:15 am

Here is a list I've compiled. Your help with corrections and additions is cordially invited:
http://www.homefly.com/reference/guillows.htm
Last edited by David Lewis on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Lewis

Re: Guilow's kit numbers

Postby SteveM » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 am

That's a great list. The only omission that caught my eye was kit 1201, the Space Shuttle Columbia.
http://virtualaerodrome.com/image_detai ... 8&offset=0
SteveM

Return to General Building Questions