Welcome to Guillow's modeler message board !

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Welcome to Guillow's modeler message board !

Postby mark » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:46 am

Hello Modelers,
We put this message board up so you could communicate with each other. Who better to "talk to" with your questions, problems or ideas than other builders ??
We hope this helps make your modeling experience even more enjoyable.

Disclaimer: This message board is not daily monitored by Guillow’s, it is strictly a modeler – to – modeler discussion board. We hold no responsibility for message content or accuracy of answers. There are a lot of very competent modelers out there but please regard any answers to your questions as friendly advice and not “the only absolute way to do it”.

Terms of Use: This message board has been put up to bring Guillow modelers closer together, letting you ask each other building questions or give flight trimming, painting hints . . .etc. When using this message board, please refrain from profanity and be courteous in your postings to the other modelers. Any mis-use of this board will at the very least result in your messages being taken off the listings and at worst may cause us to stop providing this message service. Keep it clean and enjoy talking to the other builders . . . there’s no better advice your going to get than from your fellow modelers that are involved in the same balsa model airplane construction hobby as you.

Regards,
Paul K. Guillow, Inc.
mark
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Gu

Postby flynryan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 pm

mark wrote:Hello Modelers,
We put this message board up so you could communicate with each other. Who better to "talk to" with your questions, problems or ideas than other builders ??
We hope this helps make your modeling experience even more enjoyable.

Disclaimer: This message board is not daily monitored by Guillow’s, it is strictly a modeler – to – modeler discussion board. We hold no responsibility for message content or accuracy of answers. There are a lot of very competent modelers out there but please regard any answers to your questions as friendly advice and not “the only absolute way to do it”.

Terms of Use: This message board has been put up to bring Guillow modelers closer together, letting you ask each other building questions or give flight trimming, painting hints . . .etc. When using this message board, please refrain from profanity and be courteous in your postings to the other modelers. Any mis-use of this board will at the very least result in your messages being taken off the listings and at worst may cause us to stop providing this message service. Keep it clean and enjoy talking to the other builders . . . there’s no better advice your going to get than from your fellow modelers that are involved in the same balsa model airplane construction hobby as you.

Regards,
Paul K. Guillow, Inc.
flynryan

Balsa P40.

Postby warhawk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Hello Modellers.
This is my first post and I hope this is the correct page. I am building the Guillow's Balsa P40 Warhawk Kit 405 I have made a few mistakes that I managed to correct, however I have a problem I am hoping a member could offer some assistance. Building up the fuselage with the B formers, I damaged the BB former that sits on top of B7 and want to make a new one from the plan which has been damaged and is useless to scan.
I was hoping someone would have a PDF file of the plan showing the BB former that I could download to scan.
Thanks.
warhawk

Re: Welcome to Guillow's modeler message board !

Postby p40qmilj » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:40 am

hello everybody i am p40qmilj and most of you know me as i am active on hippocketaeronautics.com :mrgreen:

i like to build balsa planes mostly from scratch but from time to time i'll do a kit or three just to see what's new. my last Guillows was the beaver #304 and it, being laser cut, was a real pleasure to build. the parts were precise, the weight of the wood was where it should be AND IT FLIES NICELY. i also like to modify these kits, scaling them up or down to fit in the 20 to 24 inch span range and by keeping the weight (all up) under 45 gms i have a good flyer.

Guillows, YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK BY LASER CUTTING AND USING LIGHTER WOOD. KEEP IT UP

Talk some more later

jim :mrgreen:
p40qmilj

mossie

Postby mustangman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:05 pm

hello from breezy wisconson! Im curious if guillows wouldn't consider a run of the mosquito kit that has been discontinued for years? I know I cant be the only one intertested in it. mark
mustangman

Postby Corsairrubberprop » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:00 pm

Hi,
My first balsa model is a Corsair Japs called it the whistling death in WW2. I chose the simple plan to build a
Rubber motor flyer. Everything done to Make it fly I’ll paint after a successful maiden flight. That is we’re I am stuck.
It came with a plastic cut out Crowell, propeller, rubber band, and a propeller hook for the rubber band.
When I crank it up,then release the prop, no expected spinning of prop. I need help
Corsairrubberprop

Postby Corsairrubberprop » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:00 pm

Corsairrubberprop wrote:Hi,
My first balsa model is a Corsair Japs called it the whistling death in WW2. I chose the simple plan to build a
Rubber motor flyer. Everything done to Make it fly I’ll paint after a successful maiden flight. That is we’re I am stuck.
It came with a plastic cut out Crowell, propeller, rubber band, and a propeller hook for the rubber band.
When I crank it up,then release the prop, no expected spinning of prop. I need help
Corsairrubberprop

Return to General Building Questions