Propeller/Band Recommendations

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Propeller/Band Recommendations

Postby Vyborg » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:12 pm

Hello! I built a few Guillow's planes years ago as a kid. Now I have a kid of my own and we've been working on a Guillow's Lancer. The project is coming along fine; we're close to finishing the frames (I think she will like covering the frames the best). We're planning on a light build for long flights (no paint, no landing gear).

I have been watching a lot of videos about flying configurations for the Lancer; there are a lot of options for propeller sizes/types and rubber bands. I was wondering if anyone has specific recommendations for bands and propellers that work best on the Lancer.

Thanks!
Vyborg

Re: Propeller/Band Recommendations

Postby Londoner » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:39 am

Sorry I can't help because I am in the same position myself with a
Javelin. I have some 1/8 tan rubber and have made up 2 motors, one 2 strand and the other 4 strand. Both were twice hook to peg (short one) and then braided. I have a 6 inch prop and a seven inch one. That should give me plenty of scope for experiment.
I am not looking for a record breaker but it would be nice to get about a minutes flight. I too would appreciate some help from experienced fliers as to whether I have a viable setup and how many winds would be safe?
Londoner

Return to General Building Questions