how to store large quantities of tissue paper

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

how to store large quantities of tissue paper

Postby scottbower » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:36 am

ok ... my credit card has gotten the better of me and i find myself with more than enough building supplies. Any of you have a good way to store the tissue so it doesnt get damaged? Do any of you have any suggestions on cabinet or drawer system? When i roll it up into tubes, the edges are getting bunged up.
scottbower

Re: how to store large quantities of tissue paper

Postby tom arnold » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:25 am

Don't knock yourself out trying to protect tissue paper. If it is Esaki...the good stuff...you can fold it up and put it in big envelopes, or fold it and roll it, or anything including cramming it in a drawer under a lot of model supplies. Once it is on the model and shrunk, any wrinkles or creases disappear. Why it is sold rolled in tubes as if it is delicate china is mystifying. I think it is more for visual affect to justify the price.

If it is domestic tissue which is of poorer quality and shreds in water, I don't know, but a test with a folded piece attached to an old structure will tell you.
tom arnold

Postby kittyfritters » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:49 pm

This question has taken on a new meaning in recent weeks. :shock:

KF
kittyfritters

Postby edbecky » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:09 pm

kittyfritters wrote:This question has taken on a new meaning in recent weeks. :shock:

KF

Yep strange times but we'll get trough it.
Back on topic I like to store my paper flat at the bottom of my largest kit box. I tend to have left over from all my built kits.
As Tom said once on the model and shrunk all is well.
Ed
edbecky

Postby knightflyer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:49 am

I keep my tissue in a drawer of my building table which is a modified assemble yourself dresser, so the drawer is large enough to get the tissue in somewhat rolled up. If the edges get rough l just grab wifey's iron and iron them smooth.
knightflyer

Postby knightflyer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:33 pm

Edbecky, l see you are from southeast Louisiana. I call that part of the world home too. I'm in Slidell. How about you? Been trying to get on this forum since just before Christmas, finally got approved today. Still learning how to use it.
knightflyer

Postby edbecky » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:06 am

I'm on the other side of the lake(St Charles parish). Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.
Ed
edbecky

Return to General Building Questions