PAINT FOR 402 P-51

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

PAINT FOR 402 P-51

Postby gachas » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:58 pm

:?: PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PIX OF SPRAY PAINT CAN. WILL THIS BE OK TO USE FOR PAINT ON MY P-51 ON WHICH I HAVE USED CLEAR EZ DOPE FOR TISSUE SEALANT? PLEASE ADVISE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gachas

Re: PAINT FOR 402 P-51

Postby Blacksheep214 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 am

I use this stuff all the time, however I never use dope, so I don't know how it might work. I always use a clear acryllic as a base. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Blacksheep214

Postby kittyfritters » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:50 pm

EZE Dope is not "dope" at all, but is probably an acrylic or a water soluble polyurethane formulation (If I am incorrect I welcome correction from the manufacturer.) and the spray enamel will certainly go over it. If you intend to fly the model use the enamel sparingly, it's heavy. The only rattle can sprays that I use are Design Master floral sprays. They have good coverage and seem quite light.

Hope this helps,

Howard
(kittyfritters)
kittyfritters

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:20 am

You might want to try a satin, as gloss may take some coats to create a real gloss finish, if you're concerned with weight. The Rustoleum American Accents metallic aluminum has become a favorite, as it covers well, adding minimal weight. My last build using it is a 24" span 106 gram AUW r/c jet model with UMX gear. Flies well and required minimal added weight, at it's size with the low power system. Pretty much the same philosophy as rubber flight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Gaylord

Return to General Building Questions