RAAF Decal help needed. Urgent!

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

RAAF Decal help needed. Urgent!

Postby Blacksheep214 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Need some in put on where to get RAAF decal set for the 400 series P40. I think the scale is 1/16, but I haven't been able to locate anything that big. Do any of you have a source somewhere? Thanks in advance!
Blacksheep214

Re: RAAF Decal help needed. Urgent!

Postby kittyfritters » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Blacksheep214,

Can't believe that all these people have viewed this post and nobody replied! :shock:

Find the insignia you need on the Internet. Download it. Scale it to the size you need. (MS Paint works if you don't have a more sophisticated program.) Print it on tissue and glue it on with permanent glue stick.

To print insignia on tissue lightly spray the tissue with flat white floral spray, let it dry, then stick it to a sheet of bond paper with repositionable glue stick, run it through the printer, then cut and peel.

You can also get waterslide decal material that you can print on with an inkjet printer. Follow the instructions that come with it.

Hope this helps,

Howard
kittyfritters

Postby tom arnold » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:28 pm

The RAAF insignia is really so dead simple it would be a lot quicker to cut your own from colored tissue---just circles and squares. I would take a sheet of painted tissue I have stretched and shrunk on a sheet of cardboard and would cut the circles with an OLFA Cutter (sort of a compass type thing found in cloth shops) and glue on with gluestick or dilute white glue. Same with the fin flash. By enlarging profiles of a desired P-40 you would find on the internet and taping it over the tissue, you can slice through both (or multiple layers) with a good, sharp #11 Exacto. Same for any simple lettering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tom arnold

Postby Blacksheep214 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:43 pm

kittyfritters wrote:Blacksheep214,

Can't believe that all these people have viewed this post and nobody replied! :shock:

Find the insignia you need on the Internet. Download it. Scale it to the size you need. (MS Paint works if you don't have a more sophisticated program.) Print it on tissue and glue it on with permanent glue stick.

To print insignia on tissue lightly spray the tissue with flat white floral spray, let it dry, then stick it to a sheet of bond paper with repositionable glue stick, run it through the printer, then cut and peel.

You can also get waterslide decal material that you can print on with an inkjet printer. Follow the instructions that come with it.

Hope this helps,

Howard

Thanks Howard and Tom Arnold too. Why didn't I think of this? I just seem to have my mind set on traditional decals instead of printing my own. Much appreciated! :D
Blacksheep214

Return to General Building Questions