Guillow's 1000 series Corsair

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Guillow's 1000 series Corsair

Postby TheBalsaPilot » Wed May 10, 2017 7:34 pm

MITCH!!! That prop looks familiar!!! is it an 11 incher?? I was gonna try that one but I was worried about the motor shaft size..... seemed alittle small ...I am using a 1/32" thick shaft...... i ordered a bunch of them from guillows.. . .they wouldn't fit in that blue prop.. . . so I assume it is working well for you?!?!?

These white props are much heavier, but they fit the bigger music wire (prop shafts)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheBalsaPilot

Postby TheBalsaPilot » Thu May 11, 2017 12:41 am

Mitch,
Your Hellcat looks awesome! Thats how I want mine to look. Great Finish.
Now that I have some decent flights with the Corsair I think I will clean up that unsightly tissue damage from moving the motor peg and try to stuff the nose weight putty inside the cowling
TheBalsaPilot

Postby Mitch » Thu May 11, 2017 1:36 am

Yes, 11 inch prop. I think I used Guillows prop wire. I am on ship again, I'll check next week. The horizontal tail is a bit of a potato chip and now I bumped and broke the rudder. This was all Guillow wood. I'll rebuild both tail with bent contest balsa and that should be better.
You can search this forum for my build and see how I did the thrust adjustment. Similar to you but I saved and used the pistons.
Mitch

Previous

Return to General Building Questions