500 Hellcat

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: 500 Hellcat

Postby Frank Model Builder » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:18 am

You did a great job on the model! Thanks for the pictures! I like the way you finished it off. Thanks for all your hints and sharing your experience.

I am just getting back into modeling after a quite a few decades and am starting out with the F6F. It is the first balsa model I built with my Dad when I was about 7 years old. I completed about 1/2 of the fuselage subassembly tonight. The laser cut parts are a pleasure to work with compared to the older cutting process. I had a little trouble with one of the stringers but all is well.

Thanks for sharing,
Frank
Frank Model Builder

Postby Frank Model Builder » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:12 pm

Hi elkhart,

From your pictures and the great job you did on your F6F build I think you are the one to ask for some advice (although I would appreciate anyone jumping in). I am to the point in my build of attaching the canopy. Probably a trivial question for you and those with more experience out there, but how did you go about attaching it? It seems like it is designed so there is no "extra" tabs or plastic to glue the canopy to the inside of the cockpit structure. Did you just put some glue on the edges of the canopy and set it in place? Or, did you fabricate a "tab" of some sort on the inside of the canopy to extend inside the cockpit?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Frank
Frank Model Builder

Postby Ray Klein » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:37 am

Excellent build. Hope to see some flight pic and videos!
Ray Klein

Previous

Return to General Building Questions