500 series laser cut kits box art

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

500 series laser cut kits box art

Postby 1778ppr » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:54 pm

I found these pictures on eBay. I noticed that the box art is slightly different showing that they are laser cut. Guillow’s web site store still shows the old box art. Are the new 500 series laser cut kits all in the new box art boxes shown here? Where is the best place to buy the laser cut 500 series kits? The only places I have found are directly from Guillow’s or these 2 on eBay. If you have pictures of the new boxes please post them here.

508.jpg

509.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1778ppr

Re: 500 series laser cut kits box art

Postby backyardbalsapilot » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:22 pm

I know that the laser cut 500 series spitfire box is different. It's now Red and Blue, instead of green. Looks a lot better. I'd go for buying Guillow's kits (at least the small ones) from a LHS. That's where I got my 500 series kits.
backyardbalsapilot

Re: 500 series laser cut kits box art

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:27 pm

backyardbalsapilot wrote:I know that the laser cut 500 series spitfire box is different. It's now Red and Blue, instead of green. Looks a lot better. I'd go for buying Guillow's kits (at least the small ones) from a LHS. That's where I got my 500 series kits.
I would especially since I don't trust Ebay vendors. Some say LC but use the old box photo. Some don't say LC but use the LC box art. A number of hobby shops order these kits regularly and will order a kit specifically for a customer and hold it for them.
Bill Gaylord

Return to General Building Questions