im getting this method down... this is a good model to try this stuff out on.
after shrinking the wing: 1/16" on the right for washout, and 1/32" on the left. most of those odd wrinkles have gone away now, or they are barely noticable. i am still learning that letting it sit for hours after shrinking and after attaching will make it look better, before i mess with it.
how nice and straight it is:
weight for the stab, rudder, and wing, all of which are finished
now, just have the fuse to finish covering.
roughly put together:
bottom of the wing.
on the left side of the wing, the tip since it is made out of delicate, thin balsa warped a little. i took of some tissue there and bent it back and am in the process of fixing it. so far, so good. weight of everying together stands at about 28gs. the prop, prop shaft, and spinner weigh about 8-9 gs. so right now, im making my target weight.
not sure what i am going to shrink with. i want to use my nitrate dope, as i do not have enuff bannana oil. i only bought enuff for the smaller planes. the only thing is, i am worked about it sticking to my 1/16" x 1/4" balsa strips that i used to raise the parts with off the board. bannana oil doesnt stick to it, so there was never a problem there.