News! New 300 Series Kits Preview

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: News! New 300 Series Kits Preview

Postby ErickV » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum,but I've been building free flight models for many years.I got into r/c and still enjoy it,but there is something very relaxing about building
stick and tissue models that I can't seem to get out of my system.I must say that in years past i havent been too successful in getting much in the way of flight time
out of the Guillows models that i built,but there is something about the way they look when they are completed that keeps me coming back to them.Since I found this
forum,I have been reading all the posts,looking at the photos,and must admit I want to give these models another look.(Especially the new Beaver model that is about
to be released!)Thanks for letting me ramble on.
ErickV
ErickV

Postby H65 Driver » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:51 am

Let the build-off begin! Kit #305 LC, DHC-2 Beaver is now available for purchase on the Guillow's website. http://www.guillow.com/pipercherokee140-1.aspx (Strange URL, I know, but I imagine it will get updated at some point).
H65 Driver

Postby slopemeno » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Just ordered mine....
slopemeno

Postby Xanadu » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Whoo whoo!
Xanadu

Postby Arlo DiPasquale » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:06 pm

the Beaver looks great, i'll probably divert some of my Christmas money to buy one!! :mrgreen:
Arlo DiPasquale

Postby ADW 123 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:35 pm

its about time...
ADW 123

Postby cutter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 pm

I got mine. Any interest in starting a formal group build (sign up, start/end date) or just a
informal group build everyone posting their build in the same thread?
Adam
cutter

Postby Bill Gaylord » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:30 am

I wasn't aware of this kit until yesterday at the LHS. Guess I haven't been here in a while. Had to take it home with me, of course. :D
I may even use some older brushed brushed IPS gear stashed in the drawer for this one. This will be a piece of cake, after my latest Guillows 16.5" Stuka, flying well on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/WTFLYR?feature=mhee#p/u/4/wdCdwgk8PvM
Bill Gaylord

Postby kittyfritters » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:11 pm

In case you haven't seen the Porter fly... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCs9385h0uw&feature=plcp

This prototype had the fuselage updated and was recovered in the kit tissue and (almost) the kit color scheme. The production kit has lighter wood, an improved airfoil, and one degree more wing incidence and will fly longer on the same rubber. This day it had a motor of two loops of 3/16", flat, Sig sport tan rubber, about 1-1/4 times the hook to peg length, and 650 turns. The motor had a 1/2", plastic, drapery ring at the peg for a rocker bearing and was lubricated with Armor All Original protectant. Both the Beaver and Porter handle turbulent air quite well with the Porter having a bit faster recovery. The Porter was slammed by wind sheer at the end of this flight and landed undamaged.
kittyfritters

Postby Bill Gaylord » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 pm

kittyfritters wrote:In case you haven't seen the Porter fly... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCs9385h0uw&feature=plcp

This prototype had the fuselage updated and was recovered in the kit tissue and (almost) the kit color scheme. The production kit has lighter wood, an improved airfoil, and one degree more wing incidence and will fly longer on the same rubber. This day it had a motor of two loops of 3/16", flat, Sig sport tan rubber, about 1-1/4 times the hook to peg length, and 650 turns. The motor had a 1/2", plastic, drapery ring at the peg for a rocker bearing and was lubricated with Armor All Original protectant. Both the Beaver and Porter handle turbulent air quite well with the Porter having a bit faster recovery. The Porter was slammed by wind sheer at the end of this flight and landed undamaged.
Good show. I hadn't seen those videos. Looks like the Porter was flyng with a bit of wind that day also. We have a Turbo Porter in the area that flies overhead daily, as it is from a local skydiving operation at the airport 4 miles away. It always catches my attention, so I'll probably build that kit someday also. You can always identify the plane, due to the distinct sound.
Bill Gaylord

Previous

Return to General Building Questions