Questions regarding Selling B-29 Kit (Model 2005)

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Postby collectornut60 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:28 pm

SteveM wrote:Just saying I think it would be best to try to keep the actual for sale posting in an area designed and intended for it and pass links to it on websites and mailing lists frequented by people that would be interested in making an offer.

I will have to agree with you on that. I prefer to keep it in one designated area and I think this is the best place. I will put something up on Craigslist and give a link to the action sale here, that way I only have to worry about downloading photos and info once.

SteveM wrote:What you say on Craiglist or even if you use it is up to you. I've seen all manner of stuff on there from people posting to say not to go to an advertised sale as no one was there to people asking for offers on an item but not responding to any attempts to contact them with an offer. I don't think it out of place or inappropriate to simply post that it is for sale and you are open to offers. In a situation like that nothing obligates you to sell to someone simply because they made you an offer.

I currently have stuff up for sale on Craigslist and have always responded to emails. Unfortunately, most of the emails I get are SPAM or Scammers.

As an example, I have some martial arts items listed. I got an email asking if still available, I responded yes. Then they come back and say they are definitely interested but they want to make sure what I'm selling is exactly what they are looking for and asked me to click on a link to view a video and confirm that what's on the video is what I'm selling. I responded back no way because photos are already available in the listing so they know what everything looks like so there is no reason for me to view a video to confirm anything.

I also get emails saying I don' t have to sell my stuff. Go to this website to get free money, etc. Nothing but a major headache for me and a major waste of my time. But occasionally I get a legit person, but then they change their mind for one reason or another...LOL
collectornut60

Re: Questions regarding Selling B-29 Kit (Model 2005)

Postby lotsig » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:20 pm

Hello, Does anyone have a PDF, scan etc of the Interior Print Sheet from the kit?

Thanks,
Les
Vancouver Canada
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lotsig

Postby collinmccallum » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:09 pm

we watched the prices on eBay closely last year and going rates for sealed b-29s in 2023 were 250-385.... going rates for opened b-29s in 2023 was 175-250. with each kit that is built, there is one less out there, making them ever more rare so the price on average will only ever go up. I think Guillows model builders all agree the B-29 is likely the greatest kit ever made and thus has earned its place in model aeronautics history. only a few of them on YouTube, but each one is different and unique. if you are lucky enough to have one of these kits make sure you store it in a cool/dry place and make sure to prevent moisture and insects from getting in. much respect! -collinmccallum
collinmccallum

Postby Ray Klein » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:36 pm

Just a word of caution. In this case "Tina" may be legit, however ,,I really got burned buying kit/plans from someone on another forum that just appeared out of nowhere with a couple posts saying something similar,, "hey i'm not a model builder, but I have this valuable rare kit i am willing to sell you privately,, before It goes to an auction, also i don't know anything about Ebay or other auction sites,,,".
Ray Klein

Previous

Return to General Building Questions