C130 Hercules in Guillow’s future ?

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

C130 Hercules in Guillow’s future ?

Postby WIDDOG » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Does anyone know of any plans for a model C 130.
WIDDOG

Postby Arlo DiPasquale » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:38 am

I doubt Guillows will be coming out with any new kits in the near future. They haven't come out with any new kits for about 20 years.
Arlo DiPasquale

Postby SteveM » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:47 pm

I believe the DC-3 and Wright Flyer are from the past 10 years or less, but don't hold your breath waiting for a new kit.
SteveM

Postby Anders » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:17 pm

i wonder why they stopped making the mosquito???...
:roll: i would buy one instantly if they started to sell them again.. :!:
Anders

Postby SteveM » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Anders wrote:i wonder why they stopped making the mosquito???

As with most discontinued products, the answer is that sales were not good enough so they made a business decision to cease production, which must have been a good decision as they are still in business.

Ironically, slow sales leads to discontinuation and the small numbers of existing kits shoot up in value which makes it appear to be more popular than it is. I also would like to see the Mossy and B-29 come back and I would like to see a wider selection of kits , but not if it means Guillow's goes bankrupt.

One possibility is that laser cutting could allow them to expand their line of kits without having to invest in costly dies, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either.
SteveM

Postby Anders » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:40 pm

Anyone ever think of the fact that Guillows don`t have a Landcaster kit? i found plans using google, but this is not a good plan and the Guillows plans are easyer to understand and build(faster too). I would love to have a Landcaster :P

and Norwegian modellers (Modellers.com) where i bought my kits are not getting new kits.... anyone know a place who send kits to Norway?
im planning to buy the 400 series spitfire and use it for Rc. already got the me 109 and it flies like a dream 8)
Anders

Postby cliffm » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 pm

I believe if you try www.acsupplyco.com you will find they ship internationally. They have the complete guillows selections and a few more interesting goodies, and thier prices are about as good as it gets. Hope this helps. cliffm
cliffm

Postby kittyfritters » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:18 pm

I know for a fact that they do read this message board and some of your suggestions and desires are being taken very seriously. As with most companies in the current economy they have their problems, but don't count any new products out just yet.
kittyfritters

Postby SteveM » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:53 pm

kittyfritters wrote:[...] but don't count any new products out just yet.
If they're foam I don't count them. ;-)

I've got plenty of Guillow's kits in my backlog to keep me busy till they get around to releasing something new, and don't mind waiting.
SteveM

Postby cliffm » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:22 am

My allegiance to Guillow's remains assured. Their 1000 series is my favorite along with the 2000 series. I've also built 2 of the 800 series which were equally rewarding in their sense of scale and detail, although I did have to search around a bit for some top wing details on the PT-17. Yes, it would be nice if they were all laser cut,but part of the challenge is the patience involved to achieve the quality you desire. Most folks won't see what you do to be imperfections so usually your the only one who knows about that one crooked landing gear wire, longeron or stringer. And yes I would buy a C-130 as along with a C-47 it is probably one of the least appreciated workhorses of our time, all the variations made into these aircraft make them very interesting to build in different attire.From gunships to ski equipped arctic transports. At the rate of my building time it will take me about 2yrs. to run out of guillows to build so I'm still happy. later cliffm
cliffm

Re: C130 Hercules in Guillow’s future ?

Postby scalemodeller » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:03 pm

WIDDOG wrote:Does anyone know of any plans for a model C 130.
How big would you want it? At 1/2" cale it would be 65-1/2". At 7/16" it would be 57-5/16". At 3/8" scale it would be 49-1/8". All of them are big. The biggest would be best for R/C or controline-my favorite! 4 Cox .049s. What do ya think? Bill
Been building stick and tissue since buying a Guillow's Nieuport 11 back in 1966. Like to fly em control line with Cox .049s. Really enjoy watching these models on youtube. My favorite is the P-47. Bill
scalemodeller

Postby BillParker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:01 pm

shooting touch and goes with a 1/2a c-130 would be a gas!

Drop the ramp and shake loose little palletized jeeps. great fun!

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Return to General Building Questions