In flight problems

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Postby cliffm » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Glad to see you got some good results. I couldn't get your pictures to come up on my computer. Any hints as to what I might do to get access.I'm not totally computer savvy, and as it crashed a couple of weeks ago I'm still recovering things.
cliffm

Postby dbcisco » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:20 pm

cliffm wrote:Glad to see you got some good results. I couldn't get your pictures to come up on my computer. Any hints as to what I might do to get access.I'm not totally computer savvy, and as it crashed a couple of weeks ago I'm still recovering things.

You have to copy the link into your browser's url box manually.
A bumblebee isn't supposed to fly but does.
My plane is supposed to fly but doesn't.
Balances out doesn't it : )
dbcisco

Postby dbcisco » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Try this link to his pictures, just click on it no need to copy into browser:

http://planetpuddinhead.shutterfly.com/
A bumblebee isn't supposed to fly but does.
My plane is supposed to fly but doesn't.
Balances out doesn't it : )
dbcisco

Postby scigs30 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Airfan, Looks great in the air. How did you attatch the tissue to the frame? What did you use for dope?
scigs30

Postby airfan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks! :D I attached the tissue with that 50/50 white glue/water mix. Gonna try to to get some better pictures either today or tomorrow with a better camera! 8) It flies so smooth and peacful! Had some trouble with the nose cowl,though. It broke around the hole in the middle,but I fixed it with a thin layer of Tacky Glue. When I first put the thrust button in and wound the motor,the prop was to far back and rubbed against the end of the cowl,so I fixed it by making a horse shoe shape out of extra strip balsa with two little pieces of strip stock laid about 1/2" apart then laid another with glue on both ends on top of it. so the sides are even but the top piece sticks out for a down thrust shim. I'll try to post more picures! :D
airfan

Postby cliffm » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Thanks , I clicked on the link dbcisco had and I got it ,I've tried all my search engines and they came up blank which I do quite regularly. Thank you polar .com.! But airfan when you fab some thing as crutial as an aircraft you need all the surfaces to be as straight and trim as possible. Every varience in the linear plane of air contact will influence the airflow of the body that it flows over, thus wise thats the way the craft will navigate. I can't put it any simpler to understand, avionics has a law and it has no forgiveness. I know, blah, blah, blah. I have 4 sons and they often quote the last phrase. Experience has many tutors, and wisdom has all. good flying.
cliffm

Previous

Return to General Building Questions