Who Builds the Planes for Guillows?

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Who Builds the Planes for Guillows?

Postby scigs30 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:15 pm

I have always wondered who builds the planes for Guillows that you see in the instructions. Also could this person post tips on building Guillow models?
scigs30

Postby KySteve » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Hey scigs. After seeing your work I thought you were the builder on those instructions. I don't know how old these prints are or how often they create new ones but I think you should apply for the job. Outstanding craftsmanship!
KySteve

Postby scigs30 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:41 am

KySteve wrote:Hey scigs. After seeing your work I thought you were the builder on those instructions. I don't know how old these prints are or how often they create new ones but I think you should apply for the job. Outstanding craftsmanship!

Thats funny
scigs30

Postby kittyfritters » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:01 pm

I was told by people at Guillow's, a year back, or so, that the young lady who was charged with re-drafting the 400 series kits for laser cutting had to build each kit after a test cut to make sure that everything fit correctly. Apparently, it takes about five test cuts per model to get all the kinks out. unless she is totally sick of building model airplanes by now, she is probably the most experienced Guillow's builder around at the moment since she had built at least 30 of them in the last year. Sorry, don't know her name. :)
kittyfritters

Postby SteveM » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 pm

So I take it that if/when Guillow's releases more laser cut kits it'll be the 400 series? Let's hope those 30 kits didn't wear her out or we'll never see the 2000 series laser cut! :-D
SteveM

Postby thymekiller » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 am

Wow !! What a job. Sounds better than being a grease monkey, like me. I wonder if she built planes before or if it just comes with a programmers job? I wonder if she had time to fly one?
If she has any questions, she could just ask Scrigs30. 8)

thymekiller
"...the road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
thymekiller

Return to General Building Questions