Flyability????????

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: First flights a success!!

Postby SteveM » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Scirocco14FP wrote:I know I'm a grown man (46) but I have to admit to a feeling of kid-like glee watching the little Stuka climb into the sky. :wink:
That's about how I felt when I finally got my first rubber powered plane to fly, the R/C ones never quite make me feel like a kid the way the rubber powered ones do.
SteveM

Postby flash52 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:13 pm

I remember as a kid the first time I got a built up balsa model to fly good. I had about a half dozen models under my belt but I just could not figure out my problem. Everything was strait as a kid could make it. They test glided just fine. My problem was that they stalled under power. I was baffled. I was getting a pretty good static collection going. Then one day I tried something. I don't remember why I did it, I guess I tried everything else. I put a piece of 1/16 balsa behind the thrust button. Well it improved my stalling under power. I thought i was on to something. They didn't fly long but at least they flew. To this day the joy is still there watching what was once a box of balsa and tissue climbing in a left turn under power. This learning curve of building and flying planes helped me a bunch when I eventually started building and flying rc.
flash52

Postby Scirocco14FP » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:25 pm

OK, here it is after repairs. It's what I call "repatriated" Stuka colors!

Mark :->
Mark C.
Asheville, NC
Scirocco14FP

Postby Anders » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:59 pm

I tested my 400 series Me109 today. :)
first test ended with a crash lading after a few feets.
test nuber two ended with the aircraft upside down :?
But after some adjustment on the main wing it flew :D
its a good flier, i had some five minutes with flying before i tried to land it, i took down the trottle and took it down to 3-4 meters above the ground. And then suddently a stall. :x
it ended up in a three, but not a scratch, a perfect crash landing 8)

i could see the problem imideatly, not enough weight in the front...
but this is a easy ting to fix, never a problem to make a plane heavy :wink:
looking forvard to fly it again, a little more weight in the front this time :wink:
Anders

Postby Anders » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:41 pm

http://forum.strand-mfk.org/phpBB3/view ... 6089#p6089

here is a link to a picture of the model, the pic in the middle at the bottom is my aircraft 8)
Anders

Previous

Return to General Building Questions