Series 300 Piper Cub build

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Postby KySteve » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:53 pm

The detail and craftmanship is outstanding. How many years have you been building these? As a newbie it certainly give you a sense of what can be done. Again, wonderful work!
KySteve

Postby scigs30 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:09 pm

I have been at this since I was 8 years old. I started with Guillows, Comet, and Sterling kits. At about 12 my uncle began teaching me how to build and I began flying at a local club. He tought me the basics of building and that is what I stick to. At that time I was building to win so I stopped building kits and worked off of plans. Of course when I hit 16 years old, planes fell to the waste side until I was in my 20s. I am now 36s years old and building for relaxation and nostalgia. I am going to stick with these 3 brands since they are fun to build. It takes a lot of time and work to build a scale competitive bird and I am not into that right now. The best advise for a new person is take your time and complete every-build before moving on to the next, no matter how bad the build is going. You learn something from every build and if you skip covering or detailing you will never get better at it.
scigs30

Postby scigs30 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 am

scigs30

Postby scigs30 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:11 am

scigs30

Nose Block?

Postby BillParker » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Either scigs30 or supercxruiser posted (some time back) a step by step on building the nose block for these rubber powered kits. It's obvious that I need to start doing this on my non-blowed up projects...

Can't find the posts tho, after searching... Anybuddy know where it is?

Thanx!

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby scigs30 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:28 pm

I took the Cub out today for a trim flight. She performed awesome with 3/16 rubber and little nose weight and down thrust. I just gave her a few winds but the flight was slow and smooth with a great glide. I did suffer a little puncture under the left wing from a weed, but real small and easy to repair. I went out by myself so didn't get any pictures. Next flight will take plenty. On to the next Guillows build.
scigs30

Postby Thewonderfrog » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:20 am

Simply awesome build!! Looking forward to flight pics!
Thewonderfrog

Previous

Return to General Building Questions