Model Kit PARTS LISTING page !!!!

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Model Kit PARTS LISTING page !!!!

Postby mark » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Hello Modelers,

We have a new webpage up that I think will be of interest and help out a lot when you need a part to a kit.

We have made a Parts Listing page for every one of our model kits showing their contents, qty's, pricing and even a picture of each part. Please visit our page at http://www.guillow.com/kitreplacementparts.aspx

We sure hope it helps you out !!!
Regards,
Guillow's
Last edited by mark on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mark
Site Admin

Postby SteveM » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:15 pm

And a most excellent resource is has been! I find it particularly helpful for checking a kit to see if it is complete and for ordering replacement parts.

Who do we notify of errors in the parts listing? For example, kit 1402 shows the canopy for kit 1401.

Thanks again for this excellent resource!
SteveM

Postby mark » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:14 am

SteveM wrote:Who do we notify of errors in the parts listing? For example, kit 1402 shows the canopy for kit 1401.

Thanks much for reporting that error !!! Any mistakes you find up on the new Parts Listing page you can report them back here on this forum and we will do our best to correct.

Regards,
Guillow's
mark
Site Admin

Postby Smokin' Beaver » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:06 pm

Fantastic!
Thanks for that.
It's great to see something new from Guillow's.

Phil
Smokin' Beaver

Postby Xanadu » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Excellent!!!!! :D
Xanadu

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:14 am

Excellent!

Us rc converters can occasionally use a new cowl. :shock:
I also have been wanting to buy the pilots forever. There are not many light shell pilots in 1/12 to 1/16 scale, and Guillows has them. A friend had told me that he had called and placed an order for them, but ordering by specific part makes it a lot easier.
Bill Gaylord

Holiday orders vs parts orders

Postby icepick » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Sent a check along with my order for parts, 10 days later I called "Customer Service", and they hadn't seen my check, got a call about ten min. later, was told they found my check laying on a desk, was also informed that the "Holiday Orders" will ship before my order, I guess I should have put, "Holiday Order" on my check.
Still waiting, not impressed so far....
icepick

Postby Szyp » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:21 am

Boy, how things have changed in the 45 years since I last built a Guillow model- much more user friendly and customer oriented- Guillow always was the best model kit manufacturer, and now that I am back at it, I am really impressed at how you have improved on what back then was excellent model kits. Thank you! :D
Szyp

Parts

Postby mustangman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:01 pm

It would be nice if you would offer plastic parts and canopys for the discontinued kits such as the B-29 and the mosquitto!! :?: People have the plans and would like to scratch build their own planes such as me.Mark
mustangman

Re: Model Kit PARTS LISTING page !!!!

Postby The Cameraman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:50 am

Hi Mark,

this is a great resource and I just have a quick question for you. For us Brits, who've just gone out and bought the delightful Beaver kit, how do we get hold of the plans for the floats, when you don't ship to the UK?

I will be visiting the US in July, to celebrate my 50th birthday by making my first attendance at Oshkosh and wonder, if you don't ship to the UK then would you have a stockist nearby that I could collect the same from?

Kind regards

Reggie
Regards

Reggie
The Cameraman

Postby SteveM » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 am

That's an interesting problem for two reasons. The first is that people like you outside of North America can't order the float plans and parts, the other is that people who can order it still have to meet the $10 minimum which means you've got to find $4 of other stuff to fill out your order with just so that you can place it.

If you don't hear back here from Mark or Howard I suggest e-mailing Guillow support to see what they suggest or maybe call up The Hobby Company and see if this is something they can order in for you.
SteveM

Postby The Cameraman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 am

Hi SteveM,

thanks for your comments. Let's see if Mark has a chance to provide an option.
Regards

Reggie
The Cameraman

Postby Bill Gaylord » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:28 pm

SteveM wrote:That's an interesting problem for two reasons. The first is that people like you outside of North America can't order the float plans and parts, the other is that people who can order it still have to meet the $10 minimum which means you've got to find $4 of other stuff to fill out your order with just so that you can place it.

If you don't hear back here from Mark or Howard I suggest e-mailing Guillow support to see what they suggest or maybe call up The Hobby Company and see if this is something they can order in for you.

Good points.
Somewhat along those lines, is that LHS owners and distributors rarely bother to stock this type of accessory. In this case, there's little reason or excuse not to, as it's not like stocking spare parts for a micro heli that you will have to eat, as one month later some new brand is the new hit. My LHS reorders these kits from a major distributor, on a semi-automated basis, if I'm correct. When I bought my kit, it was restocked 1 week later, which is normally the case there. I wish they would keep just a minimum 1 float set on hand, but they don't, or may have not even be aware of them. Is a situation like Camerman's, it would be good if the overseas distributor had ordered a reasonable number of float sets, so that they have them on hand. Even though I can get the parts here in the US, for the effort of ordering, I often will end up cutting parts by hand. In this case, I wish a kit would just include the parts in a situation like this and charge a few bucks more, but I understand they are also trying to keep the price as appealing as possible.
Bill Gaylord

Postby Angie332 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello Mark, I ordered$44.90 worth stuff one of the items I ordered was a cowl. For some reason guillows sent me a canopy :-(
2014071815564300.jpg
I did call and left a message no one has called back. I do realize it's the weekend. I called on Friday :-(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angie332

Postby p40qmilj » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:01 pm

$4 dollar question

on guillows parts lists for each kit i see you can buy balsa sheets are these sheets laser cut for the laser cut models or are they taken from die crunched stock?

Jim :mrgreen:
p40qmilj

Next

Return to General Building Questions