Important: Please read regarding message posting !!

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Important: Please read regarding message posting !!

Postby mark » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:42 am

:!: Regarding message posting :!:

When this message board was created and put up for all you modelers to talk to each other, I tried to make it as easy and pleasent to use as possible. To do this I didnt require a lot of "permissions" to use the board and up to now this has worked well.

Sad to say but lately we have been found by the "spybots" and "spammers" out there.

Guillow's really wants to keep this board used for discussion of model airplane making only and we will do all we can to keep out these unwanted spam replys and postings.

To do this, I have changed permissions on this message board a bit ! As a GUEST to this message board you can view and read any message you want (as before) ..... BUT if you wish to reply to or post a new subject it now requires you to sign up as a USER. This process of signing up is very easy and only takes a minute so I urge anyone who is here for the intended purpose of discussing model aircraft to take the time so you can continue to use the message board to it's fullest.

I'm sorry for this added inconvienence of having to sign up. I'll say two things ... I hope it doesnt stop any of us real modelers from using this message board and I hope it DOES stop the automated spybots from posting and cluttering up our messages.

Thank you for reading and using our message board. :D
Happy building,
Paul K. Guillow, Inc.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Szyp » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:59 am

As a newby, thank you for running a respectable forum, and I will certainly do my part to help. As a 64 year old retired teacher, I appreciate that very much- it's refreshing to be around people who don't use inappropriate language, but rather help each other. I was a passionate model builder until High School, and girls, came along, and am glad to be back now that I have the wherewithal to take my time and do things right.
Szyp

Re: Important: Please read regarding message posting !!

Postby limey » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 am

as a newby i am honoured to be a part of this forum. I am 63 old who hails from the uk hence the user name. I have been reading your forum for some time as a guest and have been so impressed with its content that it has inspired me to start up my old hobby after some 40 years + inever realised how much i have missed in the development of this wonderful hobby! Your forum inspired me to buy from the usa a guillows p40 warhawk at some cost i may add!!! ihave yet to start the build but am looking forward to attempting this after such along spell of abscence. iam sure you guys will be of great help over the coming winter months. so thanks for allowing me to join you and i look forward to the experience.
limey

Postby Balsa Pilot » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:56 am

Mark, greetings, congratulations on having a great forum, however, I, like many others seem to have problems posting pictures to this website. Specifically, the site always tells me the size of picture is too large, even after reducing the picture as small a size as possible. Is there a way to increase the allowable size so I can include my pics as well?

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks Henry- Balsa pilot
Balsa Pilot

Postby Jimmy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello Mark. Thank you for having this Forum. Some people feel that Forums are a right, it is not. It is a privilege. Again, thank you.........
Jimmy

Postby flying t » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 pm

thank you mark for having me,im 69,built the albatross age 13,always loved the kits,guillows site is wnere I wanted to join for a while now
flying t

why attachments?

Postby spud » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:05 pm

I cant do attachments. I cant use this site much any more.
spud

Return to General Building Questions